It was only last year when I really started putting myself out there in the blogosphere. When I started blogging, I was talking into the void and it satisfied me. I was a bit nervous that no one would want to talk to me, honestly. Am I thankful that I decided to put myself out there! One of the first bookish friends I made through blogging is Ottavia @ Novels and Nonfiction. She writes intelligent posts and is a considerate and thoughtful member of the community. I was so happy when we connected! Finally, I realized that there was a place for me in this crazy world of blogging. There were people like me.
Last year, Ottavia and I were chatting and realized we both needed an excuse to sit back and read the week of Thanksgiving. Me? I needed to escape from the family a bit. Her? Well, I won’t put words in her mouth. We agreed to read and tweet and prioritize reading time for ourselves. It was a great, low-key experience. We both enjoyed it and knew we wanted to share the love with the world next year: And thus, the Thanksgiving Readathon was born!
It’s hard to believe we’re only one week away from my favorite holiday of the year*! That means it’s time to get hyped up for the most low-key readathon of the year! The Thanksgiving Readathon is a stress-free way to get caught up with your reading and prioritize me-time during a family-packed week. After all, we’re getting dangerously close to the end of those year-long reading goals, right?
How It Works
Dates: Wednesday, November 22nd – Sunday, November 26th, 2017
Participate in any or all of the following:
- Read as many books as you can in those 5 days
- Use the hashtag #ThanksgivingReadathon to share your participation and progress using Twitter and other social media sites
- Publish a Sign-Up Post between Monday the 20th and Wednesday the 22nd with your readathon TBR and goals.
- Bonus: Share some of your holiday traditions or what you are excited about this Thanksgiving week!
- Publish a Wrap-Up post on between Monday the 27th and Wednesday the 29th sharing your readathon victories!
- Bonus: Share what you are thankful for this year.
- Comment on Ottavia’s and my own posts with your post links to link up and share the comment love
Also, what would a readathon be without some awesome prizes?!
Winter Reading Giveaway
That’s right! Participation in the Thanksgiving Readathon will gain you bonus entries for this awesome giveaway. To get you geared up for some cozy winter reading we have some cute themed and coordinated items. Hopefully, they will keep you warm far into your reading nights!
The giveaway will be U.S. Only** and will include the following six items:
- a hardcover of the November 2017 release The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain
- a cable-knit throw from Elle Decor with a fleece lining
- fuzzy knit sparkly green socks
- a peppermint snow scented candle***
- a snowflake patterned mug
- Winter Wake Up tea from Trader Joe’s
(100% Kudos to Ottavia for making this a prize pack I wish I could win! She did an amazing job.)
There will be many ways to enter, including posting your Sign-Up and Wrap-Up posts. Keep your eye out for the Rafflecopter link on both of our own Sign-Up posts!
Ottavia and I couldn’t be more excited to host this readathon. I know I’m excited to see your themed posts and participate in conversations with you on Twitter. I hope that you’re in for this low-key readathon! We can’t wait to read with you.
*Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday not because of smallpox blankets, but because my whole family gets together for an overwhelming week of celebrating and loving each other. It’s always the most loved I feel each year.
**Sorry international friends! Keep an eye open for another Giveaway at the end of Jane and my #AnneReadAlong2017 for your chance to get in on the swag!
***No, I have no idea what peppermint snow smells like. But I am certainly intrigued!!
What do you think?
- Will you be participating in our #ThanksgivingReadathon? Why or why not?
- Are you excited about our winter reading bundle giveaway? What excites you most?
- What was the last readathon you participated in? Why that specific readathon?
- What social media sites will you be using this Thanksgiving? I want to follow your fun!