I couldn’t be more excited to share that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Jasmine @ How Useful It Is!This is my first blogger award from a fellow blogger, and it means a lot to me. I am finally making real connections in the world of book blogging!!!
Thank you, Jasmine! I encourage everyone to check out her blog as well.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
- What is it about writing that you like so much?
- As I write reviews, I discover new things about myself and the books I’ve read. I find that I learn something new each time I force myself to explain it. Plus, with each post I write I can see my writing improve!
- Do you ever experience writer’s block? Even when you write a book review.
- ALL THE TIME. I have to be in the right mood to write a blog post. And now that I’m trying a few serial posts, I find those are really challenging to start. I hope to see improvements over time!
- What do you like about having your blog?
- I love making connections with people over books. Whether we are debating if a book is good or not, if we are discussing themes and ideas, or even if we are just gushing over our love for it– connecting over books and the ideas they give us fills me with joy!
- What do you dedicate your time most on: Reading to review or participating more on blogging memes?
- Reading to review. I try to read for an hour a day. I don’t actually participate in any blogging memes yet! O_o
- If you have a 5-day vacation, where would you go or what would you do?
- With infinite money, I’d take a Mediterranean cruise or visit Japan!
- What interesting things have you done this past year?
- I started a local chapter of Our Shared Shelf where friends get together in person to talk about feminism and equality. I visited Galena, Illinois, Savannah, Georgia, St. Kitts and Antigua in the Caribbean. Oh, and I got REALLY into my blog.
- Is your bookshelf in another room or in your bedroom?
- Both! Well, in my room it’s more of a pile… but it totally counts.
- What do you collect the most of?
- Wine. But, well, I rotate through it pretty quickly, so I don’t have much of a collection…
- How often do you get a haircut?
- Um… maybe once a year?
- What is one positive thing you hope your blog accomplishes?
- I strive to connect people with good books they enjoy reading. I want to help them sift through the hype and find quality books, not disappointments.
- Why did you start a book blog?
- What do you hope most to impart to your readers?
- What is your worst book habit?
- E-Readers or Physical Books? Why?
- How would you define your reading Comfort Zone?
- Have your reading habits changed since you started a blog?
- What is the best new book you’ve read this year?
- What is your least favorite book you’ve read this year?
- What is the last book you DNF’d?
- What has to be in a book for you to connect to it closely?
- If you could spend the evening hanging out with the characters of one book, which book would they be from? Why?
Honestly, I’m still making friends in the blogosphere, and I haven’t gotten to a point where I feel I know my fellow bloggers. I comment on many blogs, but I don’t have a real following of my own yet. I also don’t know how many of my fellow bloggers are interested in these sorts of things. If I nominate you, and you aren’t interested, no pressure!
Aentee @ Read at Midnight
Anna @ My Bookish Dream
Heidi @ The Help Desk
Pierina @ Pierina Reads
Sara @ Freadom Library
Cátia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much
Jade @ Jade’s Library
Casey @ adoptabookaus
Gretchen @ chicnerdreads
Kate @ The Nerdy Novelty
I look forward to learning more about all of you!