As I’m certain you can tell, Death by Tsundoku received a makeover this weekend! Thank you, three-day weekend, for allowing some downtime to overhaul many things. I sat down and had a conversation with many of my readers. Listening to all your feedback, this is the newest iteration of Death by Tsundoku. Some things are obvious, but some things will be more subtle.
First, you’ll notice that we have a new layout. This includes:
- Slider displaying the most recent book reviews on the home page.
- Feedback was it took too long to scroll down the home page to see new books reviewed.
- This allows you to quickly see the most recently reviewed books, as well as the most recent comments.
- Home page displaying summaries of each post, instead of the whole post.
- Same feedback as above; this allows you to see a summary and decide if you want to
- Two menus on the top of the page.
- Feedback was that it was too crowded, but all the information was useful.
- Hopefully, this will help break things up a bit and improve ease of navigation.
- Content has been optimized for different screen sizes.
- Feedback was that the blog was challenging to read on tablets and phones.
- The only things that aren’t optimized are images. I am not that good yet.
- Moar prominent colors!
- Feedback is that sometimes the pages were boring to look upon.
- Never fear! More colors are here!
New content will be appearing in the future!
- I will be exploring the nuances of different genres, intended audiences, and more.
- Questions have come up repeatedly about “What is Middle Grade?” or “I know there is high fantasy, is there low fantasy?”
- Feedback is that people are interested in learning about this, and my opinions around it.
- I will be participating in book tags.
- Book Tags are weekly or monthly list-type posts that have bookish themes.
- For example, Top 5 Authors You Are Waiting For Another Book From or Top 10 Best Beach Reads or The Books You will Never Read.
- I will be explaining a bit more about my posts, what they mean, and how they work.
- I’ve received this question a ton: “Wait. Why is some text blurred out on your blog?”
- Bouncing from this, and through conversations with others, feedback is that you want to know why I write the way I do.
- Things will be more organized.
- Feedback is that only having three categories for my posts (Book Reviews, Month in Review, All About Me) isn’t cutting it.
- Expect to see new categories in the future!
- You can register for email notifications of my posts on the sidebar.
- Feedback is that no one knew how to sign up to receive notifications.
- One click will follow!
- I have registered for Blog Lovin’
- I will be asking more questions.
- I want to start dialogues!
- I want to know what you think.
- At the Contact Me page you can send me anything.
- I am looking for more ideas for bookish posts. Ideas? Requests? Send drop a line!
That’s the summary of what’s new for now! I am always looking for feedback. Don’t like something? Want to see something new? Please let me know! I always want to hear from you. In fact, what are you reading right now?