And we are off! I have wrapped up the first day of Bout of Books 18. A brand new year and a brand new Jackie B.– I thought it was a good idea to start off the year by pushing myself a bit. I feel like things fell off for me at the end of the year and I want to get back on track. I’m hoping this readathon will give me the strong start I need to be successful throughout the year.
For those of you unfamiliar with Bout of Books, here is the blurb from their website:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 2nd and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I will be providing a daily update throughout the Readathon to keep me honest and make more connections with my fellow #boutofbook-ers.
January 2nd – Day 1 Review
Completed Books: Gilded Cage by Vic James
Goal Updates (2/10):
- I will read for at least 60 minutes each day, including at least 4 straight hours on at least one day.
- 4 hours straight were accomplished on Day 1! Thanks, bank holidays!
- I will finish a book which I am currently reading.
- Gilded Cage was not intended for this goal, but I did start it before the readathon and finish it on day 1! I hope to do this for one of my work-based books, as well.
- I will read one book from start to finish.
- Not yet…
- I will participate actively on Twitter and on my blog.
- Day one? CHECK
Bout of Books Daily Challenge: Introduce yourself #insixwords – The challenge is simple: introduce yourself on Twitter, Instagram, or on this post using six words, no more, no less. Use the hashtags #boutofbooks and #insixwords so we can learn all about you.
BONUS: Share a picture of your smiling face or your bookshelves! (You can learn a lot about a person from their bookshelves!)
Twitter Chat: Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in this due to pre-existing plans. I hope I can make it for the final chat at the end of the readathon, however!
Upcoming Day 2 Goals
Bout of Books Daily Challenge: 2017 in a Picture – Share your goals/plans/etc. for 2017 with your fellow #boutofbook-ers. These could be book goals, life goals, or goals for ANYTHING you’re looking to tackle in 2017. Take a picture of the books you plan on reading this year! Share a vision board of what you’re trying to accomplish! Use the hashtags #BoB2017Goals and #boutofbooks and let us cheer you on!
This will link back to my 2016 Year in Review post from earlier today.
Other Bout of Books Posts:
What do you think?
- Do you participate in readathons? Which ones?
- How do you feel about linkups and update posts?
- Have you read any of the books I identified above? Which ones?
- What do you think about my current TBR?