The amazing Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks has come up with a wonderful April challenge! As a kick off to my own personal Spring Cleaning efforts, I will be participating in her A Very ARC-ish Readathon! (Complete with super-sweet banner above. I am so impressed!) This is a low-pressure readathon during the month of April with the sole goal of getting through the ARC backlog. And what book blogger doesn’t have an ARC backlog?!
My ARC backlog is daunting and overwhelming. I have a pathetic 41% feedback ratio on NetGalley right now. Actually, in reviewing my NetGalley archives I’ve noticed that some are books I’ve read, but never posted the review for, and others are already published now! O_o (I honestly drank too much wine one night and went on a requesting RAMPAGE – I have minor regrets. The wine was delicious. The backlog is not.)
In honor of this glaring stupidity, here are my goals:
- Read as many ARCs as I can (TBR below)
- Post reviews on NetGalley for all ARCs read this month, as well as the ones I’ve already read
- Publish at least one ARC review on my blog and link back to NetGalley
- Read my outstanding Blogging for Books book!
Those are fairly achievable goals, and they will help me get on track with writing and posting reviews again too. Mini goals like this help me stay focused.
Below is the TBR I hope to tackle – nothing too crazy, but if I get to these books, I will have tackled some of the older books on my ARC TBR:
That seems like a huge TBR, considering my pre-existing April TBR. However, this includes a book under 200 pages, a graphic novel, and two cookbooks. I don’t know if I’ll get through everything, but it’ll be fun to try! Mini goals for the win. 🙂
Thank you to Aimal for hosting such a cool readathon. Please check out her blog here. And if you want to join in the readathon, check out her original post here and follow on Twitter with #AVAReadathon
What do you think?
- Will you be participating in Aimal’s A Very Arc-ish Readaton?
- Do you read many ARCs? If so, what is your preferred platform to get them from?
- How do you feel about NetGalley’s Feedback % system and badges? Does that motivate you?